Friday, May 6, 2011

A Whole New Experience

Growing up tractor and truck pulling with Dad, we had things that produced loads of black smoke and went fast. Since coming to New Richmond, I have learned to appreciate the tractors of yester year...antique machines that were once the way of the land. Our FFA Alumni is big into antique tractors and hosts two antique tractor pulls. Well, a whole new group of guys in the Alumni decided to put together a plow day for antique tractors and implements. I wasn't sure what to expect at first, but what I found was really, really cool! I am proud of them for putting their ideas to work and as always very grateful for their efforts to raise funds to support the students in my program.

Here are a few highlights from the day:

All of the tractors ready to take off down the field -


Larry, one of the main organizers, plowing with a smile -


My Favorite Tractor - coming down from Turtle Lake:


It was a really fun day. I proved that you could get a sunburn when the temperature was only 39 degrees and terribly windy on the prairie, but sunny...oh so sunny! Picture a stocking hat, sunglasses and just a sunburned patch that covered my nose, mouth, cheeks and chin. FUNNY stuff. Too bad I didn't take a picture of that for you! haha

The irony of my good old days as a kid with fast paced pulling is that now Dad owns one of these antiques...a tractor he used to use when he was a kid. Now he's looking for a plow so he can come north next year to plow with the guys. Oh how our lives come full circle! :)

Looking forward to the next one!
Enjoy your day,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment