Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Swimming Lessons...

So we finally took the plunge! We finally enrolled Abby in swimming lessons at The Centre. Six lessons for $49 - from 5:10-5:40 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Now let me go off on a tangent here and say that the timing is not very conducive to working parents!!! But that's a whole other rant for a whole other day! haha

I am afraid of water. I never learned to swim as a kid. I grew up on a farm with no pool around. When I moved to Stoughton, swimming was a part of Phy Ed. I was quite excited to learn how to swim...as it turns out...if you put your suit on and got in the pool, you got an A! God bless my friends for trying to help...but I just don't think I will float! haha

I digress...Abby asked Dean to go in the pool with her. She was not too keen on swimming lessons the first couple of lessons. In fact, when you asked her how she liked them, she said, "They're horrible, Mom! Just horrible!!" I watched and tried to be supportive, but often found myself cooking from the inside out in the gosh darn heat and humidity of the pool area bleachers!!! Geesh!

So then enter tomorrow's post...a trip to the Dells...during the second week of lessons...Suddenly we had a fish on our hands! The last four lessons went really well.

They only let the paparazzi (aka Mom's with cameras) in on the last day...so here's Abby's journey after 6 lessons...which by the way...in her words..."I know EVERYTHING about swimming now, Mom! I don't need anymore lessons!" YEAH RIGHT!

Walking in:



Finding a locker...They never closed!



Showing off:



By beach babes:



Entering the kid's pool before lessons:



Using the floatie:



Blinking water from her eyes:



Her circle of friends:



Saying thank you to her teacher:



So, even though she doesn't think she needs more, we think it would be a good idea! haha She wants Daddy in the pool one more round before she ventures out into a class on her own. Dean's not looking forward to it, but...these are the sacrifices parents make! haha

Have a swimmingly fun day!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment