Saturday, April 10, 2010

Aquaculture Delivery

So in the new high school I will have an Aquaculture Lab. Our plan is to commercially raise fish - bluegill and tilapia - for taxidermy and a community fish fry.

The materials arrived at the new school as my first official delivery. I have been working with Rich at Aquatic Ecosystems for months to prepare for this and now the time has arrived.

I used the first day of my Easter Break to go unpack boxes and pallets. I had seven pallets weighing 3800+ pounds. This is what I found upon my arrival:









It is soooo exciting, yet so stinkin' scary at the same time! I have soooo much to learn this summer to make this work! Here's to great workshops at the WAAE Professional Development Conference, great friends who have walked this path before me and even greater folks who I am yet to even meet who will help me make sense of it all! :) What a great opportunity for the students at NRHS!

Off to read my new Aquaculture textbook!

Enjoy your day,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment