Sunday, December 6, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane...

It's been entirely too long since I have updated my blog! Sorry about that!

Since my last update, I have been to Nashville for the National Association of Agricultural Educators Conference. While there, I won a National Teacher Mentor Award. You'll see me here with my sponsors from CEV Multimedia. It's an honor to be chosen for such an award by my peers. Winning at the state level and advancing onto Regionals was an amazing experience for me. I appreciate this award so very much.



While I was in Nashville, I celebrated my birthday. I had the most unique birthday party ever. Sixteen friends (fellow Wisconsin Agriscience Instructors) and I boarded a camoflauge bus complete with Texas longhorns and a holiday wreath on the front! Our tour guides were Tater and Erlene and we headed out for a redneck comedy tour of the city. They were so knowledgeable and shared things with us we wouldn't have found out otherwise. We laughed and laughed! It was the kind of side splitting laughter that hurts your face and your sides for our hours afterward. The two and a half hours flew by! And it's something that I will never get the opportunity to do again.

Aside from having tons of fun and winning an award, I also attended MANY helpful and educational workshops that will help my students and myself long into the future. I went to classes about Food Science, taxidermy, operating commercial greenhouses and heard from Chef Jeff Henderson and Stedman Graham. It was truly an amazing convention!

Until later,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment