Friday, December 11, 2009

Holiday Fun

Every year during the holidays, I enjoy reflecting on my blessings. All of us have days when we feel like we have our fair share of troubles, so when we take time to truly reflect on our blessings, we realize how truly blessed we are.

Not long ago I took the FFA members to the Deerfield (an elderly apartment dwelling in town) armed with small animals and big bingo plans! We had so much fun as a multi-generational group. The students showed off their pets. Our elderly friends reminisced about their pets. We played garden bingo and had a ball! Our new friends hugged and even kissed the kids and I heard comment after comment about what great students I had. They're right! I am blessed with students that are polite, appreciative and respectful. The best part was that the Deerfield's Activities Director is a former student and FFA member, so it was fun to catch up with Amber and see her in action. Fun was had by all! We're looking forward to a spring trip with larger animals and new bingo games we create for the residents.









Happy to be a teacher,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment